2019 Summer Gator Info! SAVE THE DATES!
Dear 2018 Summer Gator Families,
It's almost time to say hello to warmer weather and the fun of summer, including GATOR Summer Swim Team! Here are some important dates as we start planning all things summer! Please take a moment to read through this message as it will answer the many questions you may have! Thanks for your continued support of our summer league swim/dive team! GO GATORS!
- PTAC BOARD
REGISTRATION: Early registration will begin April 1 and continue to April 30th. Registration will continue based on availability from May 1 through May 20th. Please plan to register early to ensure a spot and to help us with planning! Log on to https://ptacgators.swimtopia.com to register starting APRIL 1st!
- WE WILL HAVE A DIVE TEAM THIS SUMMER! Please encourage your children or anyone interested to become part of our Gator Dive Family! Having had a diver myself a few years ago, it was one of the best experiences! ...More details to come!
- The first week of practice will be an evaluation week! Please sign up any interested children who you feel are ready for the swim team (ie. younger siblings etc) to ensure a spot on the team -- If it is decided that your child is not yet ready for swim team, you will be notified during the first full week of practice and receive a refund of swimmer team fees (excluding pool pass). At a minimum, all swimmers should be very comfortable in the water and be able to follow directions. Often, a good rule of thumb is if your child can swim from one end of the pool to the other (or somewhere close!) they are ready for summer swim team! Please understand, SAFETY is our first priority!
- A Plain Township Pool Pass is required for each Gator swimmer. It is a rule set forth by the Greater Columbus Swim League. Please purchase your pool pass now and take advantage of the free guest passes as offered by the township! Log on to https://plaintownship.org and click "pool", then "online membership registration".
- Families who did not fulfill volunteer requirements last summer will be contacted this week. All 2018 fees must be paid in full prior to signing up for the 2019 season. If you have any questions, please contact Sara Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteering is VERY important to the success of our program!
IMPORTANT DATES: Please save the following dates!
- June 3rd - First day of practice
- June 7th - Picture Day!!! (rain day is June 14th)
- July 15th - GCSL Championship at PTAC!! (One day format this year, verses two!)
- July 23rd - Gator Awards Banquet
- June 12th - PTAC at Northwest
- June 19th - Worthington at PTAC
- June 26th - PTAC at Highlands
- July 2nd - Westerville JC at PTAC
- July 10th - PTAC at Delaware
Again, THANK YOU for your continued support of Gator Swimming! Should you have any questions, please contact us at anytime!